Thursday, April 8, 2010

Liver Enhancement

I was musing over my March 25th blog, “The Heart of the Matter,” where I substituted the word liver for the word heart. I did not exhaust this subject, as there are many more expressions using the word heart. Before revisiting this, I wondered if there were liver expressions other than “What do you think, this is, chopped liver?” and “That takes gall.” So, I put the words liver and expressions in Google’s search field and got 995,000 hits. Most of them were biomedically-related.  If you want to bore yourself to cirrhosis, read about genetic expression of the liver. The first article about liver enhancers caught my eye. Wow, I thought about enhancing various body parts, but never my liver. Upon closer inspection, I read the actual title: Two Hepatic Enhancers, HCR.1 and HCR.2, Coordinate the Liver Expression of the Entire Human Apolipoprotein E/C-I/C-IV/C-II Gene Cluster. I don’t think I’m ready for that kind of enhancement just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment