Saturday, April 17, 2010

Having Hepatitis

Recently I visited a dear friend who has cancer and is in hospice. Her days are numbered, as the saying goes, although Woody Allen asked, "why aren't they lettered instead of numbered?" Anyway, my friend told me that the best cancer card she received was this: On the cover it said, "Cancer sucks" On the inside it read, "But it's better than being married to John Edwards."

Politics aside, what I like about the message is the concept that even with a life-threatening disease, there are worse things. So, what is worse than having hepatitis? Here are a few:
Being stuck on a bus in traffic with teenagers singing "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall."
Having Mike Tyson bite of my ear
A world without Internet and clumping cat litter
Finding out that chocolate is actually bad for you

Do you have any to add?

No comments:

Post a Comment