Saturday, July 7, 2012

Pat the Liver


Last week I showed a photo of my liverature (books about the liver), and this week, I feature one of my favorite liver books (other than Free from Hepatitis C, which I wrote). The book is Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) and Liver Disorders, published by Genentech. It is an incredibly well written and illustrated board book. Although it is not intended for children, the board book format conjures up pictures in my mind of reading this book to my grandchildren.
So, in true irreverent completely satirical fashion, I offer you Pat the Liver, with apologies to Dorothy Kunhardt, author of Pat the Bunny:
Judy can pat the liver
Now you pat the liver
Judy’s gall bladder can play peek-a-boo with her liver
Now you play peek-a-boo with your liver
Paul can smell his bile
Now you smell your bile

and so on…

No comments:

Post a Comment